The owner of a Viennese ice-cream parlour has been charged with murdering her ex-husband and her boyfriend before sealing them in tubs with concrete in her cellar. Estbaliz Carranza, 34, is accused of shooting both men and then chopping up their bodies to conceal them in concrete on her basement floor using skills she learnt on a DIY course. Carranza - dubbed the ‘Ice Lady’ by Austrian media - allegedly shot her ex-husband Holger H twice in the back of the head while he worked on his computer in 2008. (via Estbaliz Carranza: Owner of a Viennese ice-cream parlour charged with double murder of husband and lover | Mail Online)
- According to the prosecution, she decided to kill him when he refused to move out of their flat after she became involved with another man.
- After initially trying to incinerate the body, Estibaliz used a chainsaw to cut it into smaller parts, which she then sealed with concrete in the cellar her ice cream parlour.
- Two years later, the prosecution claim Carranza found out her then boyfriend Manfred H was seeing other women and took shooting lessons and courses in mixing concrete at a hardware store and bought another chainsaw.
- It is alleged that in November 2010, she shot him four times in the head as he slept before sawing up his body parts and hiding the remains in the same way she concealed those of her husband.
- In June 2011 workers installing pipes made the grisly discovery of a leg and other body parts and alerted the police.